5 Ways To Tackle Oily Skin For Good
by admin on Jul 22, 2018
Hey my beautiful people! Here we are another week past and I was thinking..hmmm what can I write about that would help yall out this week. So even though these couple of steps I'm going to share with you will help you regain control of your skin, remember it's actually our genetics that determine our skin types. However, other factors like our environment, outdoor activities and of course our wonderful hormones can make our oily skin worse.
1. Be very mindful of your makeup. Choose your makeup wisely. Being that we already suffer from oily skin and most likely clogged pores, we need to be mindful of avoiding pore clogging foundations that feel uber heavy. Mineral makeup is non clogging and allows your skin to breathe. Dermatologists and skin care professionals often use mineral makeup to help protect their clients’ sensitive skin.
2. Alternate your actives. Girl listen, that concept of more .. is good isn't always the case when it comes to our skin. When we use to many actives like glycolic acids and salicylic acids at once, our skin becomes irritated and produce even more oil. Ahhh no bueno! So make sure you stick to using one active a night. For example use your Oxygen Mask on the nights that you are not using your retinoid product.
3. Hydrate the hell outta your skin. One of the biggest mistakes oily skin beauties do is forget the importance of keeping their skin hydrated. Now, I know many of you are shea butter and coconut oil lovers but using these type of moisturizers on your face are too heavy and most importantly pore clogging. Look for a great, light formulated facial oil and moisturizer loaded with ingredients like glycerin, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants that will help the skin retain moisture. One of my favorite things to do is use a water based moisturizer first then apply a few drops of oil. This combination helps seal in all the needed moisture while tricking the skin into not producing oil.
4. Facial Mist are bae. Ditch those toners that are loaded with alcohol. All they are going to do is dry the hell outta your skin and make your skin sensitive. But the worse part, cause your skin to produce more oils, I promise you! Facial mist, alcohol free toners, hydrosol are just what your skin needs. There are made with antioxidants and skin loving hydrators that will keep your skin happy.
5. Give oil cleansing a try. Now I know what you may be thinking, this chic has lost her mind. I'm over here fighting an oil mine and you want me to add oils to my skincare regimen?? Yerp! Oil attracts oil and therefore will trick your skin into not producing unwanted oil. Your skin will feel soo soft and not tight at all after washing your face. But I get it, if oil cleansing isn't your thing, find a cleanser that contains salicylic acids. This will help keep those pores clear from oil build up that leads to breakout.
If we try our best to start incorporating these steps into our daily routine, you will start to see your skin improve each and every day.