Cucumber and Chamomile Benefits In Our Beauty Skincare Regimen
by admin on May 08, 2016
Cucumbers and Chamomile Benefits For Skincare
My first thought about the cucumbers is oh how I love cucumber and tomato summer salad! I know what your thinking, "This chic always has food on the brain".. lol. Whelp, truth be told I'm not only passionate about natural skincare but I'm also a foodie! But that's a whole other topic of conversations. Cucumbers have been a popular vegetable used in Indian traditional medicine since ancient times. Known for their anti-diabetic, lipid-lowering and antioxidant activity, cucumbers have a detoxifying, cleansing effect on the body.
Vitamin K, C and beta-carotene are just a few beneficial nutrients found in cucumbers that aid with keeping our skin as well as hair healthy. I have to say, that cucumbers has earned a place in the natural beauty arena as a key player. Check out the list of cucumber benefits below.
Cucumber Skincare Benefits:
- Hydrates the skin due to it's water content
- Anti-aging properties due the levels of manganese and potassium found in cucumber. Manganese and potassium aid in firming the skin, reduction in fine lines, wrinkles and dull skin.
- Fades dark circles due to antioxidants and silica found in cucumbers
- Cucumbers are soothing to our skin due to it's how water content. Hense perfect for the most sensitive skin types
Now let's touch on some of the skincare benefits of chamomile. Popularly known for it's calming quality, imagine the amazing benefits for our skin! I have to say, in my opinion Chamomile is one of the best skincare herbs available for us to have in our skincare arsenal. Yes I do have quite a few favorites but Chamomile is within my top 5. A couple of reasons why Chamomile is in my top 5 are it's antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. Let's take a look at the list below of some other benefits Chamomile has to offer.
Chamomile Skincare Benefits:
- Aids in skin irritations like rashes and sunburn due to Bisabolol found in Chamomile.
- Chamomile has anti-aging properties. The antioxidants help protect the skin from free radical damage and suppress the visible signs of aging.
- Natural skin lightener, promotes a healthy glow of the skin as it heals and restores its natural moisture content.
- Chamomile is known to help skin issues and concerns such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea and diaper rash just to name a few.
This article is only for informative purposes. This article is not intended to be medical advice and it is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor for your medical concerns. Please follow any tip given in this article only after consulting your doctor.